Image via Wikipedia
Windstar Cruises, which operates a fleet of three luxury sailing yachts that explore hidden harbours and secluded coves of the world’s most treasured destinations, announces the completion of the first phase of Wind Surf‘s refurbishment encompassing the yacht’s staterooms, suites, bridge suites and corridors.
Wind Surf welcomed guests December 10 in Philipsburg, St. Maarten and set sail for the start of its Caribbean season with a new luxurious, classic, stylish yacht look for its accommodations and corridors. Wind Surf‘s cabins now feature leather headboards, stately arm chairs, linen wall coverings, new lighting features, elegant window coverings, plush wool carpeting, art work and bed cushions. Suites were additionally outfitted with new furniture that converts easily to lounging, dining, or accommodating a third occupant. Corridors were completely renovated from deck to deckhead with new wall coverings, carpeting, ceiling finishes, lighting and art work.
"The new look enables us to provide an unparalleled guest experience and dramatizes Windstar’s brand position of providing a unique, boutique yacht vacation that is 180 Degrees from Ordinary," said Hans Birkholz, President and CEO of Windstar Cruises.
The second phase of Wind Surf‘s refurbishment will take place in the autumn of 2012 and focuses on the yacht’s public spaces including the Lounge, The Restaurant, Degrees, Veranda, Compass Rose, WindSpa, Yacht Club and Pool Bar.
- In the Lounge, carpeting will be replaced with hard flooring accented with inset rugs, a contemporary mix of furniture, lighter colour palette and improved sound insulation around the casino.
- The Restaurant will be completed with a new seating layout, all new soft goods, and state-of-the art wine display and storage.
- Degrees Restaurant will be transformed into a Mediterranean bistro, anchored by a central wine bar for counter dining as well as an inviting area to relax before and after dinner. Wine tastings and cooking demonstrations will also be conducted here.
- The Veranda’s outdoor seating will be significantly expanded, creating a mid-ship area for enjoying breakfast and lunch alfresco. The interior will include a new buffet, new lighting, and epicurean style display counters.
- The Compass Rose will be reconfigured to open up expansively to the adjoining outdoor deck, and its interior completely renovated to reflect the elegance of a private club.
- The Pool Bar will sport new awnings for additional shade, new deck furniture, and improved outdoor dining layout for Candles Grill.
Wind Star and Wind Spirit will undergo complete refurbishments of staterooms, owner’s suite, and corridors along with public spaces including The Restaurant, Veranda, Lounge, WindSpa, Library, Reception, and Pool Bar following their respective Costa Rica and Caribbean seasons. After the completion of work, both yachts begin their Mediterranean seasons with Wind Spirit starting April 15, 2012, and Wind Star beginning April 29, 2012.
Carrying just 148 to 312 passengers, the luxurious yachts of Windstar cruise to nearly 50 nations, calling at 100 ports throughout Europe, the Caribbean and the Americas. For more information including rates and itineraries, contact The Cruise People at 1-800-961-5536.