Silversea Cruises is offering 5 exceptional opportunities in 2012 to experience the joys of independent luxury travel coupled with special perks and a single supplement that is almost unheard of — just 10% above the per-person, double-occupancy fare.
Steve Tucker, Silversea’s vice president of field sales for North America, said: "This is the perfect time for single travellers to treat themselves to a luxurious Silversea cruise, visit fascinating destinations, and make friends along the way."
With a crew-to-passenger ratio that is almost one to one, single guests sailing on Silversea ships enjoy highly personalised service, warm hospitality, and an ambience that makes them feel right at home. Also, exclusively for solo guests, a welcoming champagne reception is hosted aboard every Silversea voyage, and select voyages are escorted by Gentlemen Hosts. These interesting, amiable and distinguished men are available as dance partners or dinner companions for single female guests, and will often participate in other shipboard activities as well as escort shore excursions.
5 BEST DEALS FOR SOLO TRAVELLERS
The following 2012 voyages offer a 10% single supplement on a Vista Suite (25% on a Veranda Suite), plus the added perks of: a $500 "Passport to Luxury" Onboard Spending Credit for single travellers; included roundtrip economy airfare (from select gateway cities); and included transfers between airport and pier on embarkation and disembarkation days.
1) VOYAGE 1212: Fort Lauderdale to Monte Carlo, Silver Cloud, 17 Days, 31 March – 17 April. Calls in Bermuda, Funchal, Cadiz, Gibraltar, Porto Mahon and Marseille. Highlights include Gentleman Hosts. Solo Traveller fares start at $7,038.
2) VOYAGE 3213: Tokyo to Seward, Alaska, Silver Shadow, 15 Days, 17 – 31 May. Calls in Sendai, Hakodate, Kushiro, Kamchatka, Dutch Harbour, Kodiak and Homer. Highlights include overnight stay in Tokyo, Gentleman Hosts and the ‘Relais & Châteaux L’École des Chefs’ interactive cooking school. Solo Traveller fares start at $8,050.
3) VOYAGE 3227: Vancouver to Tokyo, Silver Shadow, 16 Days, 6 – 23 September. Calls in Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Kodiak, Kamchatka, Hakodate and Sendai. Highlights include the ‘Relais & Châteaux L’École des Chefs’ interactive cooking school. Solo Traveller fares start at $8,578.
4) VOYAGE 4225: Southampton to New York, Silver Whisper, 14 Days, 18 September – 2 October. Calls in Plymouth, Waterford, Cork, St John’s, Sydney, Halifax and Newport. Highlights include Gentleman Hosts. Solo Traveller fares start at $7,126.
5) VOYAGE 1228: Las Palmas, Canary Islands to Barbados, Silver Cloud, 12 Days, 1 – 13 November. Calls in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Antigua, Dominica, St Lucia and Bequia. Solo Traveller fares start at $4,970.
In addition, another 42 Silversea voyages feature single supplements starting at just 25%. Click here for complete list of 2011 and 2012 sailings offering single supplements from 10% to 25%, or visit Silversea.com and click on Special Offers.
Silversea’s all-inclusive fares include a spacious, ocean-view suite (most suites feature a private veranda), attentive butler service, complimentary wines and spirits, fine dining, sophisticated enrichment and entertainment programmes, and all onboard gratuities.
The Solo Traveller and "Passport to Luxury" Onboard Spending Credit are capacity-controlled programmes and subject to availability. The Onboard Spending Credit is offered per suite, not per voyage, and only once to guests sailing on consecutive voyages. It is valued in US dollars, regardless of booking currency. It may not be redeemed for cash, and any unused portion will be forfeited. Additional restrictions may apply.
The included roundtrip economy air package is a capacity-controlled programme that includes transfers between airport and pier on the day of embarkation and disembarkation. It is available from 22 gateway cities in the US and Canada, and select cities in the UK. Additionally, there are specially priced air programmes available from over 50 other cities across the US, Canada and UK.
About Silversea Cruises
Silversea Cruises is recognised as an innovator in the luxury cruise line industry, offering guests large-ship amenities aboard its intimate, all-suite vessels: Silver Cloud, Silver Wind, Silver Shadow, Silver Whisper and Silver Spirit — all designed to offer an atmosphere of conviviality and casual elegance. With the inclusion of Silver Explorer, Silversea Cruises’ itineraries encompass all seven continents and feature worldwide luxury cruises to the Mediterranean, Caribbean, both polar regions and over 400 fascinating destinations in between.
In the US, Silversea has been voted "World’s Best" by the readers of Condé Nast Traveler (nine times) and Travel + Leisure (seven times), and rated Number-One luxury cruise line by high-net-worth consumers in the 2008 Luxury Brand Status Index (LBSI). International awards include "Best Innovation in Products and Services" from the Italian Innovazione Marketing Oggi Awards (2009); "World’s Leading Small Ships Cruise Line" from World Travel Awards (2009); "Five Star Diamond Award" from the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences (2010); "Number One" small-ship line in the Readers’ Choice survey conducted by Britain’s Condé Nast Traveller magazine (2010); "Best Luxury Cruise Line" Excellence Award by Spain’s Cruise News Media Group (2009); "Best Luxury Cruise Line" by Australia’s Luxury Travel & Style Magazine (2011); and "Best Luxury Cruise Operator" according to Travel Weekly China (2010).
# # #
For more information on Silversea Cruises, please contact The Cruise People at 1-800-961-5536