In its international relaxed, yet sophisticated, style, Crystal is transforming its ships into whimsical holiday wonderlands, with more than $100,000 in new decorations. Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony are honouring Christmas,Chanukah, and New Year’s with festive trimmings, ranging from elegant Victorian to merrily modern. December 21 voyages boast seasonal parties, dances, carols, menorah and tree lightings, spirited musical productions, sessions with Santa, holiday movies, religious services, and traditional feasts.
- Fantasy atriums-turned-forests, with Father Christmas driving reindeer through snow-covered trees twinkling with thousands of shimmering lights, red finches and berries adorning pine boughs
- Santa’s Bakery inside Bistro Cafes, with Chef Claus welcoming guests to a world of large candy canes, teddy bears and dancing gingerbread cookies
- Victorian Christmas trees decorated with ornate ribbons and baroque baubles
- Six-foot-tall, light-up menorah
- Hand-painted, jewel-covered and hand-blown glass ornaments
- Antique carousel horses wearing floral, crystal and beaded-tassel garlands
- Casino-dwelling, golden reindeer draped in pine jewelled harnesses encrusted with Christmas motifs
- An army of six-foot nutcrackers in lounge areas
- Santa and his reindeer enjoying a pint at the Avenue Saloon, sunning in Hawaii, and landing in the fireplace.
Traditional culinary delights, in Crystal’s style, include Christmas goose, roast turkey, and chestnut stuffing; potato latkes, as well as chocolate gelt, for Chanukah; and a gala New Year’s Eve dinner and champagne countdown celebration, followed by Bloody Mary parties and mimosa brunch on New Year’s Day.
"Our ships feel both magical and comfortably familial for guests of all ages who dream of sugar plums and extraordinary holiday vacation memories," says Bret Bullock, vice president entertainment.
Five holiday season sailing options include seven- to 14-day Pacific Coast, Mexican Riviera, Hawaii, Caribbean/Panama Canal, and Trans-Atlantic voyages, with Christmas/Chanukah/New Year’s cruises round-trip from either Miami or LA. "Book Now" fares start at $1,995/person, plus up to $1,000/couple in shipboard credit. Crystal’s Family Memories Programme offers additional savings/perks for family/friends groups.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact The Cruise People, Ltd. at 1-800-961-5536.