Fans of America’s pasttime can gain unique insights into the world of Major League Baseball on MSC Cruises’ “Baseball Greats” theme cruises.
Some of the greats of the game will be onboard, sharing their skills and their memories, during the powerful lineup of five baseball greats theme cruises scheduled for MSC Poesia as the ship sails her inaugural season in North American waters during the 2009-10 Caribbean season.
The “Baseball Greats” theme cruises consistently have been among the line’s most popular sailings during the last few Caribbean winter seasons.
In addition to visits to some of the Caribbean’s most beautiful locations, each “Baseball Greats” sailing includes free interactive guest/player activities, including a player-hosted trivia game in which passengers can test their baseball knowledge, question-and-answer sessions with the players, a guest pitching contest and a lively story-telling session in which the players share some candid revelations about some of the “characters” of the game. Players will also host pitching, hitting, fielding and base running clinics.
Perhaps the most popular activity is the free autograph session at the end of the cruise.
MSC Poesia offers “Baseball Greats” theme cruises on the following roundtrip itineraries from Fort Lauderdale:
· Nov. 20, 2009: 10-night Southern Caribbean featuring Panama, calling at Willemstad, Curacao; Oranjestad, Aruba;; Cartagena, Colombia; Cristobal, Panama; and Playa del Carmen, Mexico
· Jan. 16, 2010: 7-night Western Caribbean, calling at Key West, Florida; Playa del Carmen, Mexico; Georgetown, Grand Cayman; Montego Bay, Jamaica; and Nassau, Bahamas.
· Feb. 6, 2010: 7-night Western Caribbean
· March 6, 2010: 7-night Eastern Caribbean, calling at San Juan, Puerto Rico; Philippsburg, St. Maarten; Road Town, Tortola; and Nassau, Bahamas
· April 3, 2010: 7-night Eastern Caribbean
Special guests on these itineraries will be announced at a later date.
Cruise-only rates begin at US$549 per person, double occupancy (government fees and taxes additional). On MSC Poesia’s Caribbean itineraries – as on all MSC Cruises’ sailings – kids ages 17 and younger sail free when sharing a cabin with two full-fare-paying adults.
MSC Poesia’s 2009-10 Caribbean season of roundtrip sailings from Fort Lauderdale will also feature Big Band and Polka theme cruises. To obtain more information about MSC Cruises and its theme cruises, contact Michael Abel of The Cruise People, who has sailed on these baseball themed cruises.